Wednesday, October 1

I. Can't. Breathe.

I assure you - - you will laugh. Hard.

This makes me think of Patrick. He taught a group of us how to do the Electric Slide in college. It was in a friend's garage. The "kum-ba-yah" group were out in the front yard - - singing acoustic songs. The rest of us rebels were in the garage dancing. We didn't go to bars - - so this was our choice. It *pains* me to admit it.

I later took at Kinesiology class with Patrick. It was an elective and it was dance. There were *way* more girls than guys in there. I was so thankful to have one of my BFF's boyfriends in there with me. The girls left without a partner had to dance with other girls. I had Patrick. The first day, we learned the Teton Mountain Stomp. I can still see Patrick doing it. It makes me laugh my butt off. Just the image. Amy - - tell Patrick thanks. Those were some good times.

And now - - for your viewing pleasure...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Would have been MUCH funnier if it was you and the Mr!! hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Becky,

My wife, who is a big fan of your blog, notified me of this particular entry.

I want you to know I can still shake it quite well. The stomp, the slide, cotton-eyed joe, achy-breaky, etc. Just crank up the MCHammer and I'm there.

And by the way, I too have fond memories of ASU dance class with my friend Becky.

Cheers.

Patrick

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...