Mr. B & I are supposed to have date night tomorrow night. We have *overnight* childcare lined up for the kids. Overnight! We've done that maybe three times in their whole life. So - - we need this.
This is where I need help. I have NO idea what to do. Well, other than... *giggle* That's obvious. We need NO help with that. Thanks.
I need help with the date part. I've already tried to line up two massage therapists to come to the house and do the couple's massage thing. No dice. It's too late notice now and everyone is booked. Plus - - they don't exactly get too jazzed about going to someone's house they don't know. Go figure. (We are not kinky or ax murderers or anything!)
What can we do? Mr. B *HATES* going to the movies and I'm not too pumped about going to the bowling alley. Dirty shoes, smoke filled air... no thanks.
I'm going to make it a contest. Come up with an idea for us. Keep in mind, we live in Sticksville, USA. So it needs to be somewhat creative. If we choose your date idea, I'll send you a $10 gift card to Starbucks. How's that?
I'm on a serious time crunch here. So help!!!!
Post a comment on this blog entry to be eligible.
Thanks, Fans!!!!
9 comments:
Can we suggest more than one idea?
Does he hate watching movies or just going to the theatre? How about driving to Abilene to watch a movie at the drive in and making out in the mini van? ;)
Let me think on it. I'll get back to you.
Leave as many different suggestions as you want. FYI though - - the Abilene drive-in shows no coming attraction. Meh...
Rent a hotel room...go ahead of time and set it up! You could get stuff to give him a personal massage! Order take out from your favorite restaurant.
Any way..just a thought!
How about going to one of the local arcade/game places...
The hummer house (B&B) in Christoval has openings. A little pricey for a date night... but one of the cottages has a jacuzzi tub.
Okay... I totally stole this one: Kiss 'n Snap
Idea:
Choose 9 or more scenic places you'd love to kiss David. Get a camera and a tripod. Then, visit each place you want to kiss at. When you get there, use your self timer to take pictures of you kissing each other. Create a mini album at your next Saturday crop (and then you have a Valentine's Day gift!)
"Scavenger hunt": Send him on a hunt to find clues to things that recreate the memories of your first date. Or...
Have him find clues to things you will need to complete your date... like picking up a movie and dinner and beer and whatever then going home for some time alone?
That hotel down by the river has a pool and mini golf too...
Ooops... forget the beer (forgot for a minute who I was talking to) get some Starbucks or something in place of that.
I was gonna say Hummer House and tell them that you are good friends with Joanne Biggs neice..Maybe that will help. Good Luck, you could always drive somewhere else than suckville usa...like Grandbury is a really neat place or Fredricksburg...just a thought and good luck!
Okay - - I'm really loving the kiss & snap idea. LOVING it.
Which hotel by the river? I'm totally stealing some of these ideas.
Susan
Susan, It was the holiday inn holidome a zillion years ago. It was recently remodeled. I think it's a Comfort/Clarion or something now. You know the street that Scrappin Unique is on? Where it dead ends there at the corner and the river drive road starts snaking along the river... it's the first one there on the corner, past the little bridge. There is a Sheraton and the convention center further down. Hope that helps!
Post a Comment