Wednesday, September 24

Dark spot...

Have you ever had a knee-jerk reaction to something that was not at all proportionate to the situation? It happened to me yesterday. (It's happened before.) I just got pissy about something that shouldn't have bothered me at all. I just feel like things aren't the same anymore. Sometimes like I'm out there bobbing in the water. All alone.

I don't even know the details of the situation. Just my assumptions. And you know what they say about those.

I feel this desperate need to move on. Move away. Start over. Just leave these monkeys that are on my back. (Maybe find a nice zoo for them.) Isn't that what we should be able to do with our problems. Just drop them off somewhere?

Sometimes I just want to move far away with Mr. B and the kids. Our family. I love my family. They are my best thing right now. In more ways than they'll ever know.

I know that running from something is not the answer. Because in the new place, new problems will inevitably creep up.

I need the Lord to fix this for me. Change my heart. Help me deal. Show me where I'm supposed to be. Because right now - - it all feels wrong.

6 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

WOW! I am sorry! I hope things level out for you! I don't think you need to find zoo, really???

Shawna said...

I have sooo been there. Seems like (for me) those feeling are sometimes justified, like God is stirring something in my heart and then it prepares me for a change. Then sometimes it is just feelings (which aren't anything) but just feelings. It is normal and it happens to me all the time. Don't float alone! I'll float with you. I am here for ya and I'll be praying for your situation. Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

I have also been there many of times. Hang in there. Your in my prayers

FlipFlop Mom said...

Gosh.. you're not alone.. that's for sure.. I think we all have thought that way... and some actually do it... It takes some serious strength thats for sure!!

~B said...

Thanks, everyone.

Getting the monkey off my back - - a perpetual problem. Leaving them at the zoo was an attempt to make myself laugh about it. (Since the zoo is home to many real monkeys.) I wasn't talking about my kids or husband. Just in case that's what you thought I meant.

This is an issue I have struggled with for quite some time. (The issue that caused me to "snap" yesterday.)

I totally agree with you, Shawna. I am certain that God is preparing my heart for change.

Thanks for floating with me everyone. Floating and praying.

MaierHousehold said...

No, I really didn't think you meant your hubby & kiddos! Maybe I just didn't realize how much your heart is aching. For what it's worth, I am sorry that you're going through this.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...