Monday, September 29

So - - does my world make you sad?

I *thrive* in this environment. There is not a lot in this world that makes me any happier than having a clean house. Especially my kitchen. Clutter on my counters makes me cuh-razy. Every once in a while, the junk pile by the phone gets out of control. The thing is, most of it is junk. Stupid, tree-killing junk mail. I'm trying very hard to cull the mail every single day. So far, I'm rocking it out.

It's funny because this topic came up the other night with my scrapbooking buddies. Miss Q observed that my scrapping procedure is very neat and methodical. Cracks me up. I could totally win an award on scrapbook retreats for maintaining the cleanest space. I just like to clean as I go. In the midst of chaos, I can't find anything. That stresses me out. So - - in creeps OCD B. Unbeknownst to me, Miss Q observed me for awhile. She said that even my way for putting adhesive on paper was methodical. Nice, straight strips.

Is this weird?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Refreshing. I find it makes me want to curl up on your island and take a nap. Could be the AdvilPM talking, but I think it is the clean clutter free world calling me to come to its embrace...ahhhhh

~B said...

Mr. B said that I should mention my junk drawers. Hey, out of sight, out of mind.

Curl up, dahling.

Anonymous said...

LOL... you are the opposite of my sister. Her house always looks like a bomb went off in it. But open the drawers and closets and cabinets... neat and organized. She says she thinks it's because she can't stand to have anything put away messily that she just doesn't put it away at all.

Now *that* is weird.

You'd never know it from my house, but my office is just like your house. If I was that way at home, I would ditch the family inside of two weeks. ;)

Anonymous said...

You have always been that way and hated sharing a room with your sister because she was the total opposite. I strive to be more like you every day.

Mom

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...