Just a quick update - -
I had a FABULOUS time at the game. The Spurs beat the Mavs in what can only be described as a "nail-biter." I will post more about this later. Probably more than you care to hear.
My absence as of late? We left town on Thursday and got home on Saturday. We were beat. Cam was running a fever when we got back. Not real high, but a fever. Justin was okay. My back was hurting from what I assumed was the long ride in the car. Sunday morning I woke up with an all too familiar pain in my abdomen. I was also quite nauseous. Un-freakin-believable. That's right my fans and stalkers. I got stoned. Again. This time, I didn't waste time. I was lucky enough to have my parents in town. My dad picked me up and took me to the E.R. while the mister stayed home with the kids.
It was the same routine. CAT scan, IV, drugs (twice) and no relief. So - - they admitted me to the hospital to control the pain. I was in that stupid E.R. from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. I'd had NOTHING to eat or drink all freaking day. It was horrible. Needless to say, when I got into my room, I guzzled down a Diet 7-Up like I'd been roaming the Sahara for days. (It really was refreshing!)
This stone was huge compared to my other ones. It was holding me back from peeing. But I'm happy to report that at 7:00 this morning, that little gem worked it's way out of my bladder. (A side note here - - whoever invented that self-administering drug pump thingy - - yes - - that is a thing of beauty. Just sayin'.)
After I gave birth to my little calcified friend, I was good to go so they let me go home. Aside from a slight headache, I'm doing pretty good.
Is my life crazy or what? Does this qualify me for an excused absence?
I'll report about my weekend later. Because, it is worthy of discussion!
7 comments:
Sorry to hear about your gem! I watched the game on TV and it was really a nail-bitter!!! I wanted to call you and find out where you were sitting, so I could find ya! It was a good game, even from my couch. Glad you had a nice time. How are the boys? Still feverish?
Glad you had a great time. I'm sure we passed you at some point on the highway on Saturday. The Phantom was awesome and Buble - 'swooning' need I say more. Next time y'all will have to go!
Sorry about the stone. Glad you passed it. Really, really glad you had a pain pump. Hopefully you won't have that experience again for a long time sister!
If I had bothered to check the Eministry email I would have known what was up... I knew something had to be off for you to not have blogged the game. Glad you're on the mend... and had the pain control to go with it.
By the way, *love* the new look and the new title. :)
Sorry to hear about you getting *stoned* again. How many of those little suckers can one person have??
Glad you had a great time at the game. Need to tell us about your weekend...You always have good things to report!!!
*smooch*
I am so sorry about your stoning girl!! :) I've been there and there are really no words to describe that awful agony. Happy it didn't happen while ya'll were in SA though. Can't wait to hear about the game!!!
I didn't know that you were a "stoner" like me. My we have so much in common for you to be so weird. Feel your pain. MM
Post a Comment