Thursday, March 13

a few quick notes...

Busy, busy, busy!

I'll try to give you the Cliff Notes.

Cameron threw up. One time. A lot. He seems to be fine. Gross.

Justin is running a temperature. Nothing else appears to be wrong with him. It has gotten as high as 101.8. I can tell when he has fever because he moans. I would, too. He had one heck of a nap and is now watching a movie is his room. Yes, at this hour. Why do I complain? I'd be up anyway. Just sayin'.

Oh - he just came in here and ordered a little Gatorade. Your wish is my command Little Man. BRB, everyone.

That was fast, huh? I know what you must be thinking. He needs the fluids though. Flush the crud out, I say. He'll wake up to pee. The trouble is, he'll wake me up to help him. He hasn't figured all of that out yet.

Let me tell you, it STINKS in this house. I'm talking about odor. I'm cleaning the coffee maker right now. The one that has been in the mister's office. As a coffee drinker - - I was more than offended when I saw that thing. He brought it home to clean it. (He doesn't have a kitchen or any type of break room at his office. Just a bathroom. He refuses to use the bathroom sink to rinse out the pot after each use. It's just the sink. Not the toilet. And since it's the men's room - - I'd say that there's a better than average chance that it isn't used much anyway. Again - - just sayin'. But never rinsing the pot out at all between uses? *gag*) Anyway, he brought it home today. Oh. My. Starbucks. Coffee foul of the utmost sort. I scrubbed the snot out of the outside of it. Yes, the entire thing was filthy. I am now running vinegar water through it. Ugh. What stank. I predict running another batch through - more stank - and then soaking the lid in bleach. It was that bad. Remind me to thank him in the a.m. I'm going to put a big sticky note on it telling him he's not allowed to leave the house with it. He's not checked out on it. I think a course in hygiene will be required first. That and an oath to serve and protect.

I haven't handled my ticket yet. I'm dragging my feet. I only have 14 days to handle it. I better get cracking. *mutters to self* "Cocky motorcycle cop."

Did anyone watch Survivor tonight? Wow. James is the man. Really. He. Is. The. Man. You go, Gravedigger.

The Spurs? Eek. New Orleans whooped up on them Wednesday night. Bad.

The Thunderbirds are going to be here this weekend. I love them. We will try to go but the mister and I are worried about how the kids might handle it. Is the sound bad for their ears? I'm sure they will do their practice thing tomorrow afternoon and we will be able to get a sneak peek right here from our front yard. So cool.

Okay - - I have a mountain of laundry to fold (a slight flaw in my system this week.) It's okay, I didn't get to watch Y & R today. So I'll double up.

Have a good one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of quick replies:

1. On the coffeemaker: a) baking soda will take the odor out of pretty much any surface on earth. It got the smell of rotting chicken blood out of carpet in a car... even in the Texas summer heat. (ask me about *that* story sometime) I wouldn't believe it would work if I hadn't actually lived the nightmare.

2. More on the coffeemaker: mix crushed ice and salt and swirl it around in the glass to clean off stuck on residue, scrub with the combo if need be. Learned this from a convenience store jockey I knew once. He could get the burned/caked on crap off of *anything*

3. Survivor! DH and DFil were working on replacing a light fixture and turned off the electricity at 7:53... 7:53!!! I will be calling for an update. Haven't watched the part we did get DVRed... will call after I do.

~B said...

1 & 2 - Must make note of these. That vinegar was *blech*!!!! I used my magic sponge and most of the stuff wiped off. There was stuff "inside where the water gets hot" too. Go figure.

3 - I have it dvr'd. You should be able to watch it online. Wow. I have a new theory. We should definitely discuss it.

Shawna said...

The Magic Eraser will clean out the Coffee stains, like a charm!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...