Sunday, March 30

A trip to the movies...

The J man and I went to the movies yesterday. We saw Horton Hears a Who. I thought it was adorable. Of course, I was happy to find a cartoon with an elephant that doesn't make me cry. (Don't get me started on Dumbo. *sniffle*)

As with any pre-schooler, you can't "plan" anything in advance. They will ask you about it a gazillion times. So - - since we are learning about time and "patience" - - everything is referenced in "sleeps" these days. I made the mistake of telling him on Thursday that we'd go to the movies on Saturday. To a four year old, that is a lifetime to have to wait. Two sleeps? And then having to wait until the 2:00 showing? It was torture. I'm not sure who it was harder on - - him having to wait or me having to answer for the 8,000th time whether or not it was time to go yet.

He was so pumped about the experience. (He truly is my son!) He wanted popcorn, a drink, a pickle, a snack and he even had heard that they have candy there!! Once we got there, he settled for some "Mike and Ikes" and a small drink. He later mooched off of my butter-drenched popcorn. After he had spilled his candy.

Cute, cute movie though. On B's rating scale (of kid's movies) I'd give it an A-. I mean really, Finding Nemo is such a tough act to follow. Just keep swimming...

I'll close with one of my favorite lines from the movie:

"I wonder what ASAP means anyways. Maybe act swiftly awesome pachyderm."~Horton


No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...