Sunday, August 6

The price of frienship...

Should there be a price on it? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Should I support a business that isn't kind to everyone? Just because personalities don't mesh? Should everyone who shops at this store walk on eggshells because one of the owners is hyper-sensitive? I'm growing weary of being told how lucky I am because other businesses wouldn't give me the same perks. What kind of perk is it to be put in the middle of a nasty situation? (And not for the first time!) Is it a perk to be talked about behind your back? Not a perk I'm interested in. I must admit. I've been just as guilty of talking about others. I hate that. It makes me feel like a hypocrite. I'm just ashamed of myself for not standing up for my friends. And by the way, what ever happened to "the customer is always right?" In this particular situation, only *certain* customers are right. The sad thing is, I think I'm a *certain* customer. I'm treated nice. That I know of. There are other days that I feel like I'm not. It depends on owners mood and what she needs from me that day. Ooooooh. I don't like the way that sounded. I feel like I need to smack myself in the head and say, "Helloooooooo??????" Can you say *being used*?

DH pointed out that anytime or any place you get a group of women together, there's going to be trouble. I think he's right. I've seen it happen more often than not. Do men have these problems? Rarely. Why can't we just mind our own business and keep our freakin' mouths shut? They just get us in trouble. It keeps me in trouble.

My solution to the problem. Hmmmm. I don't think I will withdraw all of my business there. Not that I'm a huge customer anymore, anyway. I will however commit to the following:

1. Quit walking on eggshells
2. Stand up for friends being talked about and not join in or initiate such nasty conversations
3. Not be afraid to shop at other locations or online
4. Recognize that I've been used and not allow that to happen anymore
5. Just be *kind.* Treat others the way I'd want to be treated.

If this doesn't work, I'll re-evaluate later.

1 comment:

MaierHousehold said...

I agree, there is no price for friendship. Yes, I also agree that friendships are priceless. However, there is that one NASTY that has a tendency to bring out the worst in us. I absolutely wish I had your resolve & determination. You are truly an inspiration.

K

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...