Let me preface this post with a disclaimer. I am fully aware that a few of my friends are real into Nascar, this post is not meant to offend you. If you are afraid it might, quit reading now and wait for my next post.
Okay, I *laughed my butt off.* I seriously laughed. This movie made so much fun of the rednecks that eat, sleep and breathe Nascar. Personally, I wouldn't go to a Nascar race even if Starbucks had a free coffee booth. I don't see the thrill of watching cars go around the same track over and over and over and over...you get my drift. I equivocate it to watching paint dry. So, I knew that Will Ferrell would do it up right. He did not disappoint. That scene where he thinks he's on fire and he's running around the track in his whitie tighties while he's praying to Tom Cruise and to Oprah - - priceless.
There were also some pretty stinking funny movie lines that will forever be embedded in my brain. For example: When asked about his success he said, "you know, every morning, I get up and just piss success." It cracked me up.
Then, his kids' names. Walker and Texas Ranger. Too funny.
It was Redneck for sure. There were product endorsements all over the place. Just for being sattirical, I give it an A-. Will Ferrell, however, deserves a strong A. Funny movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment