You know how yesterday I was all smarty-pants, braggy, mom of boys, who has it SO easy and was only going to do my minimal back to school shopping and preparation today - - two days before school starts - - without issues.
Holy crap. Not the case. Not even close.
Here's the thing. I hate shopping for myself. Add in a couple of boys who have eleven hundred million thousand other things they'd rather be doing. I hear ya, kids. Me, too. I hate dressing rooms. I hate not knowing what size I need to look for. I hate cringing at the price I'm going to have to pay for clothes they will grow out of. Or "accidentally tear holes in." I hate all the things that shopping entails. And just because my list was small, don't think that my day didn't suck.
The oldest was awesome.
The little, not so much. He likes to browse. A lot. And he has a flair for the expensive items. And his taste is a little too thuggy for my liking. That made shoe shopping stop dead in its tracks. I called David and verbally tagged him. This is the second incident of this sort with him and I'm politely bowing out. I'm actually saving both of our sanity is what I'm doing. Also, the kid is 5'2" and weighs 90 pounds. He's a tall, super skinny, drink of water. Buying jeans for him is a straight up nightmare. Is there a super skinny, slim jean for a tall 12 year old boy with basically no body fat? The answer is a resounding NO. You have to use those button thingies on the sides to cinch them up tight.
We left without jeans.
I came home and ordered them online. *fingers crossed*
And haircuts? Oh silly me. Perish the thought. Lot's of back to school haircuts happening today. I might as well grab my Kindle and go tomorrow. Because that didn't even happen today.
We did get all of Justin's clothes, shoes and backpack. And he was tickled to death. Cameron got a few shirts and his backpack. So the day wasn't a total bust. Much was accomplished.
But I want to make this all official. Shopping for back to school clothes is not easy for anybody. I retract it all. I'm sorry if I misled you.
After all of that, I have to go back to Academy tomorrow to try to find swim jammers and goggles for Cameron. Go ahead, stores. Take all my money.
*sigh*
I'm not ready for school to start!
No comments:
Post a Comment