So little prep work needs to be done to ready ourselves for the school year. Because I'm the mother of boys. Middle School boys who aren't 100% into their looks yet.
Here are their needs:
Jeans (NOT shorts, because they don't like them. Which I find very odd because I have an aversion to wearing pants at all.)
Tennis shoes (one pair, they don't care)
New backpacks (because the ones from last school year have holes in them)
Here are my add-ons:
Haircuts
Socks
We have done none of these things yet.
I've purchased school supplies, sporadically, over the summer. I even have a school supply closet in my house. I have just about everything they can possibly need. I will send them with a pencil, a pen, notebook paper and a folder to bring home their specific lists from teachers. I'll hit up the closet and hope for the best after their first day. WHICH IS THURSDAY!
We were going to do those things today, but I was 100% not productive this morning and then managed to get myself a migraine this afternoon.
So Tuesday is the magic day. We will shop for their needs and my add-ons on Tuesday. I expect a fair amount of complaining. They hate shopping. I hate shopping with them. But they've got to try on those jeans and shoes. In my perfect world, this excursion will only involve three stops. A department store for the jeans, sporting goods store for the shoes (and possibly some hoodies and socks), then next door to Sports Clips for a quick haircut. Boom. Done.
At least that's my dream. I dream big. Thank the good Lord above He didn't give me girls. He knew I would not be able to do that. I saw several moms posting about shopping trips out of town with their girls. I shuddered a lot and thanked God for my smelly boys. I'm spoiled.
Wish me luck. I will only throw them some mom eye once. After that, I'll have a dance off. In the store. With loud music. Probably mid-late 80's. And I won't care one bit. Because I have the moves.
Let's do this, Boys...
No comments:
Post a Comment