It seems like the more I make myself vulnerable with parenting and stuff, the more the enemy attacks me.
I sent out a group e-mail to both boys' teachers last night. Just kind of giving them a background. I went to bed, feeling pretty good that I'd checked that off of my to-do list.
Then this morning, all hell broke loose. It was rough. It was ugly. It was hateful. It was all part of living with a kid who deals with anxiety. He's normally an AWESOME kid. But sometimes, it takes a bit to get there before his medication kicks in. This morning was no exception. He was being pretty nasty to me when I flat out lost it. Maybe he needed to see me cry. He needed to know that I have feelings, too. Because he cried.
So the car ride to school was a big cry fest.
This is where I'm thankful for engaged leadership at the school. Our principal is out there, front and center, at drop off. Every morning. He stopped what he was doing and took over.
More tears from me once I drove off.
Then I get home to a barrage of answered e-mails from his teachers telling me how amazing he is in their classes. How helpful he is.
More tears.
God's got this kid, y'all. I know He does.
If you have an extra minute or two, will you pray for him? And his teachers? And any other adult in his life? I always ask God to put the right people in his path everyday.
I know today will get better. I have complete confidence in how he's being treated at school. But I have even more confidence in a sovereign Father who wants the best for us.
See, I told you guys that it wasn't all sunshine and glitter up in here. We are not the perfect family. But we are going to keep loving big.
Love y'all. Thanks for loving my family. And for putting up with a lot of nonsense from me. My squad is pretty dang amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment