We did it, y'all. We did it.
I got Cameron to Sport's Clips around 10:00 this morning. But it was nearly a bust. Their credit card machine was down. I never have cash on me. Never. I asked if they'd take a check. Yes. But guess what? My checkbook was in my purse. At my house. Because I had my wallet.
*facepalm*
Seriously?
I booked it over to the ATM and grabbed some cash. (I also ducked in to Market Street to grab a Starbucks. Because of my reality. I needed some juice, man.)
Made it back to Sport's Clips and they called him back two minutes later. Whew.
I guess he wasn't too angry about his haircut (which is MUCH shorter than he prefers) because he suddenly became agreeable on tennis shoes. Actually, we compromised. We settled on Chuck's. Because he's a swimmer, he doesn't need running tennis shoes.
Winning.
However, the swim jammers (those tight swim trunks that reveal way too much "shape") were no longer for sale. Dang it! He's supposed to have those by Friday.
Losing.
To the Interwebs... God bless Amazon Prime.
Back to winning.
The lessons learned, y'all. They're real. I have the additional gray hair to prove it.
We are ready for school to start tomorrow. Not emotionally. But we have what we need. At least until after school tomorrow when we get never before seen supply lists. Those always happen.
Let's do this. Brace yourself for back to school pictures with fake smiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment