Friday, February 27

Ice!

No school today.  It was quite the surprise, too.  Woke up to ice. Not snow. Ice.

Look, poke fun if you want.  If you're from anywhere above the Red River, just have yourself a nice warm bowl of Shut It Stew and let me talk about Texas.  We love snow.  When it happens.  But ice?  No.  Just - - no.  They shut everything down.  The Texas Department of Public Safety is closed.  The freaking DPS, y'all.  They're like in charge of roads and stuff.  Tons of their offices in various counties are closed.  Our city is closed.  Yes, apparently you can close the city. Okay, to be fair, the city government offices are closed.  Meh.  I wasn't going there anyway.  Not filing for mayor this go 'round. Although, I do think a female in the mix would be epic.  That's another blog for another day.



My point is this: we are not equipped to handle this.  We definitely don't know how to drive in this.  People turn into gigantic morons in their vehicles.  Slow down fartheads.  Good grief.  I've heard sirens all morning.  God bless our first responders.  I mean that!

I feel bad for the people who had to go to work.  For jobs that would be just fine if they shut down for the day.  Like, oh I don't know, a local company who sells computer software?  Mr. B went outside to walk the driveway to test it out before he attempted to drive his truck out of the garage.  He came back inside laughing.  

"I busted my ass!" He said.

Yeah. He fell down.  I'm sorry I missed it. I like watching people fall down.  I'm sick and twisted that way.  My exception is old people.  That's not funny.  I do have standards, y'all.

Here's a picture of the ice on my street.  They call it black ice because it's hard to see.  But slick as snot.


Mr. B arrived safely at the salt mine and I'm still in my jammies buried under a fleece blanket sipping on some fantabulous Casi Cielo. I need to do some laundry and stuff.  Stupid chores.

In the meantime, Texas is closed.  But y'all come back real soon.  Ya hear?

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I hate ice too! Give me three feet of snow any day than 1 inch of ice.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...