On December 15th, we saw a post on Facebook and made a rather impulsive decision with zero research. We acted fast because the pups were cute and free. Our youngest had been begging for a dog for a long time. After the Bella (yellow lab puppy) fiasco of a few years ago, you'd think we had learned a lesson. But alas, our hearts trumped our brains and we got Timmy.
As a family, we were adjusting well. He's so dang cute, it would be impossible not to fall in love with him.
Sure he had accidents and we were having trouble housebreaking him, but that wasn't the biggest problem. Our poor kitties had begun living in banishment in our bedroom. They were stuck behind a baby gate and were always looking over their shoulder for Timmy. Timmy didn't want to hurt them. He wanted to play. Cats don't do stress well. We're pretty sure Moe has another stress induced UTI, Ugh.
We love dogs. A lot. But ultimately, we aren't dog people. We are cat people. And Timmy needed a dog family. We found one. We found friends who are, for all intents and purposes, family. Timmy will be well cared for and loved there. I don't question that at all. And we can see him again when the time is right.
It's just been a tough day. I love that little brown furball. I cry when I think about him. So today, the tears have flowed.
I feel like a huge failure. I just want everyone to be happy.
There will be a huge vacancy in my lap in the morning while I try to watch the news and drink my coffee. I'm sure a kitty will saunter into the room and help me redeem myself. I hope.
Timmy - our family loves you very much. The decision to let you go was difficult - - at best. Enjoy your new life with my friends. My friends, thank you. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you. Take good care of him, He's a special little dude. See you later, Pupparoni.
No comments:
Post a Comment