I've been busy. Sorry to have neglected you.
What have I been doing?
Reading. I finished book four in the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury. I started the final book last night. I've enjoyed the books a lot.
Basketball. Mr. B and I took a quick trip to San Antonio to see the Spurs play. We had fantastic seats in the lower level. That enabled us to get down to the court after the game was over. We watched George Hill (#3) being interviewed for the radio. Then, we inched on over to where he was. He was signing autographs for the fans that had lingered around after the game. I got my program signed and Mr. B got his ticket signed. We even got up close pictures of him. He was literally *right there.* I could have touched him. Not looking to get banned from the AT&T Center, I refrained myself. He was so nice to stand around and sign so many autographs. And might I tell you, he looked even better up close. I'm just sayin'.
San Antonio. Our quick trip was an overnighter. It was lovely. I love stolen moments with Mr. B. We found a new hotel on this side of San Antonio that we love. The indoor pool was to die for and we can't wait to take the kids back there. We're thinking Spring Break. We'll see.
Exercise. *insert huge raspberry fart here* That was going great. Until the basketball game. I was injured. It's not major. But it's enough where I have a limp and some ugly bruising. How? Our row of seats at the game were full. Our seats were at the end. Nobody from the row in front of us had gotten there yet. So we walked down their row to climb over and get in our seats. Mr. B's legs are sufficiently longer than mine. It was just a matter of stepping over. Me? I was built closer to the ground. So my step involved something of a leap. Long story short, I caught my leg (inside thigh) on the arm rest of one of the seats. It hurt. A lot. It was sore for the whole game and is still, today, very tender to the touch. I haven't slept good the past two nights because I bump it every time I move. Apparently, I move a lot in my sleep. Just when I was hitting an exercise stride, too. I was walking on schedule. I'm hoping to get back on the treadmill tomorrow.
Neighborhood Hellion. Still there. I've got to figure out a game plan for the summer. I'm really hoping his mother finds a job and we aren't saddled with him ringing our doorbell eleventy billion times a day.
Scrapbooking. I was supposed to scrap with the girls at church tonight. I'm flaking. For several reasons. One, my leg. Two, it's cooler and I hate being out in it if I don't have to be. Three, I don't even want to get my stuff out. It's too much trouble. Four, the Spurs play the Knicks tonight. They are one of the few teams we've lost to. We must exact our revenge upon them tonight. Don't want to miss that. And finally, I'm just not in the mood. I haven't cleaned up my scrap space yet. That is next week's project for sure. Maybe I'll get one day next week to sit down and be creative. At least that's the plan.
Scripture memory. I'm doing good. I've got my first verse and now I'm working on my second. It's 2 Timothy 1:7. I really like it. A perfect one for memorization.
So, there you have it. My crazy life in a nutshell.
Have a great weekend.
Peace.
2 comments:
Hope your leg is better. Other than the fall, I hope you had a good time at the game. As far as scrapbooking, I've actually completed 6 pages already this month. I'm glad I got my mojo back.
Debbie and I missed Friday night too... we were in Fredericksburg for work...While we had a good time, and of course good food,I think I can speak for both of us that we would have enjoyed fellowship with Holy Scrap much more!
Hope your leg is better soon!
So you won't feel left out...I got a Tdap(tetanus) shot on Monday January 3rd.... It bruised like nothing I've ever seen... then gravity pooled it under my arm just above my elbow. So basically my arm,from my elbow to my shoulder, has been black and blue...we're going on 3 weeks this coming Monday and I still have spots of bruise!
Post a Comment