Monday, January 10

Great start!

My progress with my resolutions:

I worked out at least four times last week.  *yay*

I was in bed by 10:15 at least five nights out of seven.  I've determined that sometime between 10:00 and 10:30 is a reasonable time.  No later than 10:30 though.

I scrapbooked one page.  Not much.  But I figure that if I do at least one page per week, I'll have 52 new pages by year end.  So that's not too shabby.

We went to church yesterday.  We went to our regular church.  I just prayed that God would lead us.  I guess he's not done with us there yet.  I don't know.  I'm open to where He leads us.

I finished the third book in the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury.  I started the fourth book on Sunday.

Mr. B bought us this on Saturday:


I didn't think he'd buy one.  My track record on using exercise equipment isn't the best.  I'm determined though.  I walked outside once last week.  I was nervous.  I love listening to music when I walk.  I just didn't like it.  I want to feel safe.  (And not too cold.)  We didn't want to pay for a gym membership when chances are, this was all I'd use there anyway.  So - - Mr. B found a great deal on this one and bought it.  I'm excited. It's huge.  I told him that I wanted it right there in our living room.  That way, I can watch television or dock my iPod in the stereo in there and crank it up.  I created a new playlist on my iPod and I'm ready to take it for a walk today.  I am SO out of shape.  I'll get there.  One step at a time.

My scripture memorization program is going good.  I have five days to make sure I'm on track with my current verse and select a new one for the second half of the month.  This has been a great thing I've added to my life.

Overall - - I feel a gentle calm in my heart.  I feel at peace.  No doubt, storms will come.  But I'm equipped.

Thank you for putting up with me.  Thank you for being my friends.

I hope you all have a fabulous week!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

This motivated me! Good Job Becky!! Change isn't easy and you are rockin' it. Right on.ste

Stephanie said...

Ugh. I hate it when I see things that weren't supposed to be on there! ste obviously are the first letters of my username. ha!

~becky said...

I failed to add:

I came home from running a quick errand on Sunday to find Mr. B on the treadmill. Shirtless. Jogging. Ooooh la la!!!

Kristina said...

Good for you!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...