Let's catch up. Shall we?
It seems like once the last week of October hits, time flies. And so far, so true.
We started the birthday celebration early. Saturday we took the boys to Double Dave's for Justin's birthday lunch. The food was - - meh. But we had fun. We came home and gave him his birthday presents a day early. Why? Because it was Saturday and we wanted him to have the weekend to enjoy them. And enjoy them he did. He cleaned up on Nerf guns this year. One from us, one from Papaw and Mamaw and he used his birthday money from Popo and Nana to buy a third one. He wanted to have three so that he, Cameron and Daddy could have Nerf wars. There have been Nerf darts all over this house!
Sunday, Mr. B cooked fajitas and we had a FABULOUS lunch. I love it that I married me a man that knows how to cook. While he cooked them, I went to the grocery store and then to Rosa's. Rosa's flour tortillas and beans are the best. Home cooked Tex-Mex. Life doesn't get much better than that. My parents came over later in the afternoon for a huge birthday cookie. Sam's Club is amazing with their desserts. It was two ginormous sugar cookies with frosting in between them. Far from a gourmet dessert, but delicious nonetheless.
Sunday night we trick-or-treated and cleaned up on candy from just walking around our block one time.
We settled in and watched the Rangers lose. And then watched them lose again tonight. Boo. :( It's great that they made their first ever appearance in the World Series. But sad to see them lose. I'll admit it - - the Giants were just a better team.
Tomorrow is mid-term elections. (Duh, right?) I'm trying to figure out which of my liberal friend's votes that I'll cancel out. *wink* I'm just ready for it to all be over. The phone calls, the nastiness on message boards and Facebook. Politics can sure bring out the ugly in people. Both sides. I've stayed out of the discussions this go round. And I've found that I'm much happier having done so. I'm all for intelligent discussion. But when the name calling starts - - I'm out. I've turned the other cheek more times than I care to admit. It's just not worth it. Friendship is way more valuable to me than to discuss who is to blame and to make fun. So there. I'm voting tomorrow. I'm doing my part.
I'm also playing Bunco tomorrow night. I wanted to find a sub this week. I'm one of those dorks that is glued to FOX News to watch election returns. I guess a couple of hours away won't kill me.
Not much else. I'm not currently reading anything but I'm taking recommendations. I have several books on my Kindle but nothing that strikes a chord with me yet. There's one I really want to get. It's called, "Confessions of a Prairie Bitch." It's by Alison Arngrim who played Nellie on Little House on the Prairie. I've heard good things about it.
Time to set the coffee pot and get my butt in bed. Goodnight my lovlies...
1 comment:
I'm SO with you, on the political stuff. I stay out of it too. Just isn't worth it. I hate what politics have done to friendships (my own, included) because people just can't stop the nastiness. It's like they're compelled to name-call and bash, even when it's their own friends they're talking about. Ridiculous...
Post a Comment