Wednesday, November 24

Labor of Love

After almost 24 hours of labor, Little Miss Zoelle Olive Shannon Martin graced the world with her presence shortly after 6:00 tonight.

It. Was. A.MAY.ZING!

It was an HONOR to spend the day with Ashley in labor.  And then to witness God's miracle of birth...  I bawled when she was born.  It was one of the most beautiful moments in my life.

Shannon introduced me to Ashley.  Shannon was supposed to be there with me.  We were supposed to experience this together.  I missed my friend terribly.  But to cloud that sadness with God's perfect gift helped bring incredible sunshine to this day.

This day was a blessing.  Pure and simple.

Here is the little beauty in my arms:


I fell in love with her the moment I looked at her.  And when I finally got to hold her, she completely captured my heart.

God is good.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What an honor!! She is beautiful (like aunty Becky)...what an AWESOME God we serve!!!

Traci B said...

How wonderful!! I'm so glad you got to experience that with your friend! And yes, I can't imagine how bittersweet it was, not having Shannon there. But I just know she was "there," in spirit, with y'all. Neat picture!

Kristina said...

I'm sure your friend was there with you. :) Isn't it an amazing experience? I was honored to be there for the birth of a friend's two sons (in fact, on the same day 3 years apart) and it was such honor that my friend and her husband wanted me there with them.

amartin030 said...

Awww, I haven't logged on this site in forever :)

This entry made me cry.

I'm so glad you were there for me and Zoelle. It was an amazing journey and I'm glad you stuck it out. It was WAY too long of a labor but worth every second!

We love you so much!!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...