Sunday, November 28

So Violent

Why do I want to beat up people that can't spell?  Especially people that should know better.  It just irks me.  That's messed up.

My two biggest pet peeves:  they're (they are - - a contraction), their (possessive pronoun) and there.  Also a lot.  It's not alot.  It's two separate words.  

Why does this bother me so much?  It's a stupid thing to get upset about.  I won't lie - - I roll my eyes every time I see these mistakes.

So their.

*giggle*

5 comments:

Shawna said...

I'd like to raise my hand to the "alot" thingy... LMAO. I do that A LOT! I'll try to be mindful of it when I type. So they're. *GiGGle)

~becky said...

Shawna!!! *giggle* I'll be honest - - I haven't noticed that you do it!

That whole entry was prompted by an e-mail that Mr. B's company sent out. I crack up when the "higher-ups" send out company wide e-mails and correspondence with customers that are riddled with grammatical errors and misspelled words. It looks *so* professional. Tee hee hee!

Stephanie said...

oh! I thought it was just me that did this. I make some not very nice judgements against some errors...it is something I have to work on. After all, there are things that I mess up on too. I'm sure there are. Really. :)

Laura said...

I know exactly what YOUR talking about!

Traci B said...

lol - you would HATE grading my freshman essays. Their (<--ha!) littered with those kinds of mistakes. Very frustrating.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...