Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~Albert EinsteinHe must have had some insight into my, at the time, non-existent life. I finally determined that I am insane. At least by Einstein's standards.
I keep thinking, maybe even wishing, that a particular situation in my life is more than it really is. I am always overly optimistic and then when push comes to shove - - it's the same freakin' outcome every. single. time. Why, why, WHY do I expect it to ever change? I am tired of putting heart and soul into something that is only reciprocated when it's convenient.
Time to re-define. Maybe if I expect nothing, I'll be pleasantly surprised to receive something. Anything. I'm done jumping through hoops to please. I am officially throwing my hat into the "I don't care" ring now. I accept this situation for exactly what it is. A big fat nothing. It's time to be okay with "nothing" in this arena and move on.
So - - here I am. Moving on. I am proud of me.
3 comments:
Expectations are so tough, I think. Whether it's expectations of a person (that can be the worst!) or a situation, I always feel like there's a let down of some sort because it doesn't turn out the way I hope or expect. So frustrating.
Oddly, the first time I heard the philosophy "Expect nothing" was from the wisdom of Don Johnson (yes, Miami Vice Dude). Years ago, in an interview, I heard him say that the best attitude to face the day with is, "Expect nothing." That way, if something good happens, you're pleasantly surprised, but if it doesn't, you're not.
Trying to get an agent is the perfect example, for me. When I had expectations, nothing seemed to happen. But when I let go, quit caring quite so much, it did! Weird.
I just wish I could really make that my philosophy every single day, lol. I seem to fail so often at "expecting nothing."
This totally sounds like something I would do, and the words of wisdom that you are taking from Einstein sounds like words that you have said to me on numerous occasions.
Love you and am very proud of you.
proud of you...
Post a Comment