And today has been one of them.
Very, very busy. I took the boys to the barber shop to get their school haircuts. It was, for the most part, uneventful. Only one guy working and a few people ahead of us. But it was all good. I sat there in that West Texas barber shop and perused the latest edition of Guns and Ammo. Bwahahaha! I found a sweet handgun that I'd love to have. I've been talking to Mr. B about getting one. I took a picture of it with my phone and texted it to him. *giggle* Just embracing my inner redneck.
Went from haircut to Meet the Teacher. Pleased with it, but felt rushed because Mr. B was with us. I didn't get to walk Cam around like I would have liked to. Gah. I hate it when he rushes me. He's not going next year. Period. There are very few kids from Justin's class last year in this year's class. A few friends and he was cool with it. He was adamant about unloading his things himself and putting them in his desk. It was cute. His teacher seems really nice and I think she will be perfect for him. Cam got the same teacher Justin had last year. She seated him right up by her desk. She got to know him last year because of my involvement in her class. He loves her and she loves him. So, I feel better about sending my little dude off to that big elementary school. He has one neighborhood buddy in his class and another good buddy in there, too. So all should be well.
From there to lunch.
Lunch to Target to pick up a birthday present. Crap. Tax free weekend. And eleventy billion moms shopping with their college bound daughters. Not my idea of a good time.
From Target to the movie theater to a birthday party. Sounds fun, right? It should have been. But a commercial was played before the movie that had a shark in it. Justin lost. his. mind. Seriously. He flipped out. He was convinced that the shark was going to jump out of the screen and get him. He really believed it. I was frustrated beyond all imagination. He was terrified. The temper tantrums that followed were even worse. Long story short, we left. No movie. Poor Cam was disappointed. So I let him go over to Mom and Dad's to swim.
I'm home. I'm frustrated. I'm tired. I've cried. I'm done.
Tonight, I'm going to read. Yoda loaned me a book that I'm actually enjoying so far. Barely into it. But I like it. See, Yoda? I'm not all dead inside. I have a heart. I'm just juvenile in my reading style. :D (I'm reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins) I'm VERY ready for my Kindle to come in. This month is dragging. I want my new toy. Dang it.
Okay. I gotta jet. Mr. B is bringing Cam home in a bit. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Only three more sleeps until school starts. Yippee!!!
2 comments:
Oh my, Kris rushes me too at stuff like that. I know it isn't intentional but it is so irritating. I would have spent the entire two hours at Meet the Teacher had Kris not been with me. Instead, I spent maybe 20 minutes there. >:-/
Sorry about your day though. I hope today is much better. Kids can be so strange sometimes in their fears and tantrums. That really sucks though. :(
You're liking it??? I will be cautiously optimistic. You liked Cold Sassy Tree for the first few pages too. ;)
And *hugs* just cause.
Post a Comment