Wednesday, August 18

I have a complaint.

First of all, I'm quite jazzed about both boys going to school.  Quite.  The bickering has hit an all time high and I'm sick of it.  While I'm nervous about Cam starting Kindergarten, I'm kind of glad.  I hate to sound like one of those ungrateful moms, but...  I am not a home-schooler.  At all.  I have ZERO desire to do it.  I'm afraid I would lose my mind.  Let's just say that it's not my calling.

Anyway, I was looking at movies that open today (Vampires Suck) and looking at the schedule for the next week.  I had booked a massage for Monday, but she had to cancel.  (Boo.)  So I thought, shoot - - I'll go to a movie.  By myself.  I don't care.  WRONG!  The theater doesn't open until close to when school lets out.  I know, right?  The sacrifices of living in Podunk, USA where we have one theater and only teens to run it.  Where are the perks for the stay at home moms?

I know, I know.  "You ungrateful mother."  I hear ya.  Now I'll have plenty of time to stay on top of the laundry, cleaning, meal-planning and exercise.  (As much as I'd love to hire a cleaning lady, I kind of feel like that falls under *my* job description.)  So - - I shall be a total domestic goddess.  And one that does not go to the movies during the day.  I will volunteer at the boys' school and be a good wife and mommy.

But was it too much to ask for to see an occasional movie?  I guess so.  All the workers are going back to school.  Oh well.

3 comments:

elaineallbright said...

I always felt the same way. When I saw the stores stocking school supplies I was so happy, I knew that summer was almost over. The kids were always glad too, they were tired of fighting with each other too.

amartin030 said...

I'm tickled pink about only having one child at home with me during the day instead of two. Granted, it won't last long but I can't wait. Liam is such a joy to be around and gives me NO problems ... Canyon is very moody so it will be nice to have some sort of peaceful atmosphere for a while. :) Doesn't mean I won't miss my boys though! I love the thought of home schooling but I lack structure and planning skills so I would be terrible at it. I worry about Canyon though. Only time will tell.

I'm still up for some serious mall walking though ... you know, when I move back. I promise to actually walk and not gorge out on pretzels and cookies while at the mall either. ;)

~becky said...

We are gonna rock out the mall-walking. Oh yeah.

I will miss the boys while they are gone. It will make picking up that much better. Just some peace and structure. *yay*

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...