Monday, August 9

The concert.

Was. A. Blast!

We met up with Kelli in our hotel lobby and then took the dart down to the concert area.  We did our fair share of walking.  I was wishing I had my tennis shoes on.  But you know, style before comfort...

It was well over 100 degrees outside.  It was just hot.  We walked around for a while to check out the events at the venue.  We did a Chevrolet race simulation thing.  It was a contest.  Best time got to go backstage and meet Brad Paisley.  About ten minutes before the contest was over, Mr. B was in the lead.  I guess he lost, because we never heard from them.  *sigh*  Oh well.

We finally decided to go find our seats for the concert.  They were great!  We had a great view.  We were wishing we had our better camera with us to get some better shots.  My little point and shoot didn't do too well.  We didn't expect that it would.  But - - meh.  We were there to listen.

And listen we did!  Justin Moore opened up first.  I had never heard him before.  But he surely got my attention when he busted out some ZZ Top.  He was good!

Then Darius Rucker came on stage.  *swoon*  And I mean that.  I really, really, REALLY think I'm love.  His stuff was *way* good.  He sang some of his old stuff (as Hootie) and then his new stuff.  I loved every song.  He closed with Purple Rain by Prince.  Oh. My. Gosh.  I got goosebumps.  In 100+ heat.  I had chills. It was AWESOME!  We took shots of him zoomed in and then a few of one of the screens.



Loved him.  Loved him.  LOVED him.

In the meantime, there were three VERY drunk guys without shirts on in front of us.  Very drunk.  One had "moobs"  (man boobs) that were pierced.  They were hideous.  The other dude had some serious back acne and had no business going around without a shirt on.  The other guy had his girlfriend with him, so he was somewhat tame.  Still obnoxious though.  The good part:  they were all pretty much passed out by the time Brad came on stage.  The bad part:  one of them threw up right in front of us.  Gross.  He kept standing up in his seat and nearly busted his butt a few times.  He was stumbling around and acting like a total d-bag.  One time he was real close to falling into my boobs.  I caught myself doubling up my fist to go in for a swing.  Imagine that.  Me.  Hitting someone.  The funny thing is, he was so wasted, I could have taken him.  Anyway, he was out of it, so we got to enjoy BP's portion of the concert.  Here are a few shots of him.


Isn't he pretty?  And so skinny!



While this shot isn't good (by professional standards) I love it.  Brad was singing "She's Everything" which is my favorite song of his.  Everyone sat down for this one, except these two sitting in front of us.  He had his arm around her and it was so sweet.


Our view for most of the show.  This was moobs guy.  What a tool.


No, he's not praying.  This is back acne guy passed out.  And I'm sure moments from puking again.  This is where Mr. B and the funny guys next to him decided to start yelling really loud.  This butt munch deserved it.  I hope he still feels like crap.  I'm sure he doesn't remember a thing from the concert.  By the way, Mr. Back Acne, there are treatments you can do for that.  Might I recommend one before you go out in public without your shirt on again?  I'm sure those girls you were hitting on were *real* impressed.

All in all - - the concert was a blast.  Despite the three stooges that were in front of us.

Here is what we walked past when we were leaving:


Hootie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really.  I have a bigger thing for him now than I did before the show.

Great weekend.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Sounds like a fun concert and isn't that always the way it is with the people around you. I swear I get the biggest drunk asses...lol..

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...