First of all, I am all by myself. Mr. B and Cam went to San Antonio. Justin is sleeping over at the grandparent's house.
Since Big Brother was delayed by an hour and a half by STUPID golf, I decided to scope out the school supply aisle. (Yes, I'm still watching BB. I'm lame. Don't judge me.) I was prepared to buy tonight if it wasn't busy and wait if it was. It wasn't busy - - so I went for it.
Uh. Yeah. That sucked. I was working off of two separate lists. I started to get confused. And mad. Those lists are TOO specific. Crayola brand everything. And Fiskars. It was a pain in the butt. I finally determined that they were out of watercolors. And I gave the big "screw you" to the fine-tipped Fiskars brand scissors. Whatever crappy brand I bought was gonna have to work. And ten markers. Really? The package of 8 is washable. Why not 8? Ten? Are the two "bonus" colors really that important? Okay teacher - - just don't judge me when he still has marker on him the next day. I refuse to scrub him until he bleeds. And then the plastic storage boxes? There was only one size. Kinder said smaller. First said regular. What does that mean? I finally decided "the heck with it" and bought items to the best of my ability. Gah.
As I was headed to the check out, I thought, hmmmm. Let's see if they ever got the Febreze Gain stuff in. The answer to that is, "Oh heck yes they did!" Check it out:
I was squealing with delight. I kid you not - - I really feel as if I'm ruling the world now. I am in control. My house smells absolutely FANTASTIC!!! The air freshener (on the left) is my favorite. Instant gratification. I went and refreshed my bedspread with the fabric spray. I'm just so happy. And a note to anyone who ever comes to my house: If you don't like the smell of Gain - - don't bother coming over. You *will* be overwhelmed.
I swear - - they should hire me. I sing their praises and I've made so many conversions that I've lost count. Tide? Cheer? *eyeroll* Gain, baby. Gain.
Do I need therapy? Probably. But when I walk in the shrink's office and he says, "Oh wow, you smell really nice." I'm going to just giggle and say, "Yes. I know. Would you like to hear about it?"
*sniff, sniff, hooray*
4 comments:
You make me smile...brightened my day!
I love school supply shopping! I could not find Crayola brand crayons for Pace so Roseart is it. Go figure. I had to wait until the last minute. I HATE Roseart but I figure .. it's only for a week or two at the MOST!
BTW, I still have other Febreze stuff for you and Shannon next time I see you guys. It isn't gain ... but it's still Febreze!
School supply shopping - stamp that, sister!
Some of my favorites over the years: 3 cornered eraser (WTH?); specific measurements for a supply box that evidently does not exist; a "portfolio" - what exactly does that mean?; and always, always, always, the search for the very specific color of pocketed *and* bradded folders... the color that everyone picked for the year and no one has - I guarantee if it is purple this year, you won't find it... but next year there will be truckloads of purple and they will want orange, which will be nowhere to be found.
Some of my other favorite "hm" items: a roll of 35 mm film (kodak), 1(!) dry erase marker (back before it was easy to find them out of the pack), a bath towel, a purple highlighter (are you kidding me?), and a jump drive (for a ten year old).
I am waiting for them to put "Trapper Keeper" on the list - or "leather notebook" HA! ;)
This post made me smile this morning- thanks!! Not into the supply shopping yet but wanted to comment on the gain products. I live with 2 people with very sensitive skin so I have to buy free and clear everything...I am excited to try these products so I can at least enjoy that fresh smell in the air:). Hope you have a great day- You have already made mine better!
Post a Comment