Thursday, August 6

The Secret Life of Bees.

Not a good thing.

Unbeknowst to my dad, a bee crawled down his straw while he wasn't looking. He sucked up some of his drink and *presto* bee in the mouth. Do you know what happens when you get a bee in your mouth? They panic first and then sting. Ouchy. Dad managed to get the stinger out. Those stingers are tiny. I can't imagine having one in my mouth. He was alone with Justin (who is *very* afraid of any kind of insect.) He didn't want to tell him he got stung. He was also afraid that if for some reason, he had an allergic reaction, he needed someone to know what happened. All was good though. He said the ice water relieved it some.

Fast forward to today. We were waiting in line for a slide and guess what? A bee stung Justin! I pulled that stinger out. The only thing that made Justin happy was when we told him that the bee died when it stung him.

Bees. Cute in the Bee Movie with Jerry Seinfeld. IRL? Not so much.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Poor J Man. I hope he will still sawim at Mamaw's. We don't have Bees.

Yoda said...

I think bees should be added to your rainbow coalition of suck.

Cammie said...

That makes me hurt just thinking about it!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...