Sunday, August 23

One More Sleep

Only one more sleep until Kindergarten starts! I can't believe it is finally here. Here are some pictures of the shopping and events that have led up to the big day tomorrow.


Here are his school supplies. I was so proud of him. I let him pick things up off of the shelves himself. When he wanted things to match, I was giddy with excitement. Orange was his color of choice. Yay!!!

Here is the altered paint can I told you about.

This is the back of the can.

These are the "goodies" inside the can. Dry erase markers, Crystal Light singles, Germ-X, Tylenol, moist wipes and some cute post-it notes.

Here is Justin at the Barber Shop getting his hair shaped up. No more buzz. He actually has a tiny bit of length on the top.

Headed into the school to meet the teacher and drop off his school supplies.

Meet Ms. S. Isn't she adorable? Justin seemed to like her. Her room was decorated so cute. She interacted with the children so well. She is new to the district, but not new to teaching. I'm excited about this school year. She made me *want* to help out. She was pretty jazzed about the gift. (How could she not be? It was dang cute if I say so myself!!!)

I'm going to iron clothes tonight. I simply cannot believe this day has arrived. It just doesn't seem right. Where did the time go?

To my peeps that are "handling me" at lunch tomorrow: thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me. I have the BEST friends.

I'll post pictures of the big day sometime tomorrow. Say a prayer for us and wish us luck!!!

7 comments:

~Alison Stepp~ said...

your altered paint can is the coolest!
I know their teachers are going to love it and get so much use out of the products inside and the can itself!!
Have fun at lunch tomorrow wish I could be there, but I'll be welcoming little darlings myself bright and early!
I can already feel the need for a nap tomorrow afternoon coming on!

Erin said...

Good luck tomorrow little man. And a big good luck you you mama. I know Jennifer S., I went to school with her little brother. She seems like she'd be an awesome early elem teacher. Hope yall have a great year!

Melanie said...

omg! this will be me next year with ben.... and i am already feeling a little anxious about it. i know you will handle it like a champ... good luck tomorrow. :)

redfox1218 said...

A funny story about my first day of kinder: My older sisters kept telling me I didn't want to go to school and I insisted "but I DO want to go to school!" they said "No you don't cause once you start IT NEVER ENDS!!"
LOL! Needless to say they were right, I went to school for 23 years, up to "grade" 20 I think, and look I am STILL in school(though it's nice to get paid to go to school as opposed to the other way around)! We start classes tomorrow, but you know, I loved every minute! I know your little dude will too! *hugs* mama bear, he'll do great! :)

MaierHousehold said...

I love it!

You will be great and so will your litle man! God will be watching over both of ya'll!!!

Enjoy your lunch tomorrow! I can't wait to hear all about your day and his day!!!

BTW..absolutely "love" the paint can!!

Kristina said...

Love your altered paint can, it's darling! I so remember the first day of kindergarten. Three weeks after starting kindergarten, Connor came down with chicken pox. This was before you had to immunize against chicken pox. Poor thing!

Hope he has a great year!

Ashley said...

I can't believe it's here either! YIKES!!!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...