Monday, July 13

Get ready for this one...

I think I'm done with Big Brother.

*gasp*

Are you shocked? I canceled my live feeds yesterday. For several reasons. I would stay up *way* too late watching them. The kids don't stay up late. But they do get up pretty early. So it just wasn't working out. Then, it was the same old stuff on the feeds. The same kind of fights, the same token sluts, just - - trash. Also, I have a lot going on this summer with the kids. I just wasn't finding the time to watch and justify the cost.

So, I called Super Pass and got my money back. Then I sat down to watch the show last night. It really made me mad. Mad enough that I didn't even finish watching it. Their editing is the pits. They edit the show to make you see what *they* want you to see. It is sickening. And overall, I find all of the participants just lame. They are all looking for their shot at fame. Please. *eyeroll*

I think I'm sticking with one reality show. Survivor. That's it. Well, that and DWTS. That doesn't seem like much of a reality show. I don't know what column that one falls under.

There you have it, folks. I broke up with Big Brother. And it feels oh so good.

6 comments:

Kristina said...

Well, thank goodness you're not giving up Survivor. :)

I just can't give you Jeff Probst...lol

Kristina said...

Oops...I meant I just can't give UP Jeff Probst.

Ashley said...

I used to watch Survivor, but I got sick of it. Now the only reality shows we watch are American Idol, of course, and Biggest Loser! We just watched our first season of Biggest Loser this past season and we LOVED it! It is so inspirational and I cried at every show. The transformations in these peoples' lives, both physically and mentally are amazing! I'm hooked and can't wait for the next one to start!!!

Baby Bro said...

It took you 11 seasons to figure that out? I saw half an episode about 8 years ago and took me about 2 seconds to see through the editing and horrible attitudes. Again I would like to make the hand-fart sound of the famous Doug Heffernan.

~B said...

In all fairness, I didn't watch season two.

*raspberry fart*

I'm not giving up JP either. Yummalicious. Did you hear the buzz today about the Survivor 10 year anniversary show? I saw where Hatch was denied approval to leave the country to film. I wonder who all will make the list.

Traci said...

I concur, Becky - I'm not amused with this season at all. In fact, to make up for it, I'm actually watching BB UK from a couple of years ago - on YouTube. Much more entertaining (there's no HOH or cliques or slop - mostly just people getting to know each other).

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...