I love my boys. I love them both the same amount. In different ways.
Do they frustrate the crud out of me sometimes? Absolutely. Are there rougher days ahead? I'm certain of it. Parenting is tough. Our children challenge us. Many times in ways we never imagined possible. One thing I will always make certain I never do is show preferential treatment with my children. Oldest, youngest, it doesn't matter. They are both my boys. Both gifts from God and I love them. I won't ever take them for granted. I don't want to ever forget that. Just as quickly as God gave me these sweet boys, even more swiftly could He take them away from me.
I tell them everyday I love them. Both of them. They need to hear it. They need to see it. They need to feel it. They are insecure little creatures. I am their protector. Their provider. They count on me and their Daddy to take care of them. Where do they go in their thoughts if I've disappointed them or let them down? What is it like when their hearts are broken and they feel all alone? I don't want my children to EVER feel that. My home will always be a safety net for them. While we may not always get along, I want them to always know that their Mommy and Daddy are proud of them and love them. Both.
Some verses that are encouraging to me.
Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
1 comment:
Once again your words amaze me and comfort me!
I too can so relate to this with my girls. I can't imagine not telling them everyday how much I love them.
Post a Comment