Everybody say heeeeeyyyyy....
What's up? Are you feeling "festive" yet? Ready to pig out? I'm getting there. Trying to. We are going to San Antonio to hang with Husband's family. We do the rotation thing. Thanksgiving/Christmas rotation every other year, my family/his kind of thing. Seems to work. This year - - his fam for the Thanks. Only - - no turkey and dressing. Heh? I know it's a lot of work to prepare that stuff. And I never seem to be involved in the preparations when I'm there. It's just awkward. Husband's mom and Husband's sister have been cooking together for years in that kitchen. It's like I don't fit in there. Not that they don't include me. I don't know. It's just weird. So - - I do my part. I bring the traditional Chex party mix, and a sweet or two. I just ordered a buttermilk pie from the local sweet shop. Yummers. I likes me some buttermilk pie. Oh, I digress. My place. I may have found my niche in cleaning up. Sort of. I'm still uncomfortable putting the food away. I can sure stand there and wash dishes though. I've got that down.
I'm doing everything I can to distract myself. I dread getting my Thanksgiving journal out. I started it last year. It was my last one with GrandDaddy. I had everyone at our meal sign my book. I know he signed it. *stinging tears* I really am missing him. I didn't struggle like this with the others. I miss them. All of them. But GrandDaddy's is really working me over. Ugh.
Happy thoughts. Must go there now.
Movie review. Husband took me to the movies Friday night. Can you believe it? We saw Dan in Real Life. Cute movie. Loved it. Some real promising trailers for things to come, too. One in particular that is opening on Christmas Day called the Bucket List. It looks like a real tear-jerker. Back to Dan. What can I say? It had Dane Cook in it. I LOVE him. I could just gobble him up. He is yummy. I thought Husband was going to flip out when:
1. I stuck my sweet tea from McAllister's into my purse and took it into the movies with me. (I know - - I'm a rebel. It felt SO good to be bad.)
2. When I said, "Oh, wait a sec, hon. I just need to grab my blanket." Heh? He couldn't believe I took my favorite blankie with me into the theater. Hello!!!! It's so stinkin' cold in there. It was lovely to have it with me.
3. Some friends of ours from church showed up at the same movie and started heckling us because of my blanket. I think they were just jealous.
I have pictures - - but they are still on my camera. Oh, the pictures. He thinks I'm nuts for taking pictures of everything. He'll thank me one day.
The movie, I give an A-. Could have been a little more humor. But still good. Very clean though. (And with Dane? *shakes head* I know!!!)
Last thing to discuss. The church's Thanksgiving feast last night. D - you didn't think I'd skip you over did you? She has issues with her food touching. She was joking that she was going to get two plates so that nothing would touch. I "double-dog-dared" her to do it. She did. She took two plates. Then, get this, she put corn on her plate and then heaped up some mashed potatoes ON TOP of the corn. Ummmm, I'm from Texas and all, but that's touching food. Isn't it? You know I love you, D. I may not have snapped a picture, but tell your darling hubby that you've been blogged sans a picture anyway.
Okay - - this nonsense has gone on long enough. I'm outta here.
peace
No comments:
Post a Comment