Thursday, November 1

A Harsh Lesson

Ten years ago today I made a huge mistake. It was a tumultuous year to say the least. A lot of heartbreak. For a lot of people. Not just me. Or him. I should have never said, "yes." Or "I do." For those looking to place the blame, it's easy to say him. I'm usually at the front of that line. Not anymore. I'm done. If the truth were told - I knew I was making a mistake. I pushed the panic button. No. I jumped up and down on the panic button. I didn't think I'd ever get married. And look where it got me. Not even a full year of being married. Spending my first anniversary waiting for my divorce to be finalized. So, *deep sigh* don't blame him anymore. I quit. I think I actually even forgave him. Life is too short to be spent on bitterness and hate. I am convinced that I am a better person because of the valleys that I have endured in my life. (And that was quite the Grand Canyon, let me tell you!) I am stronger because of the hurt. And I appreciate the beauty and sweetness of what I have now just that much more.

Good luck to you SKB. I hope that void in your life is filled with the right things. I know mine has.

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...