We deposited the children at their temporary holding facility (aka Parents Night Out at church) and we got the heck out of dodge. Thing 1 was quite happy with the arrangements. He was going to get to play in the water and eat pizza. Thing 2, however, thought a death grip on my leg might make me take pity on him. He thought wrong. I left with him screaming. I later learned that he cut that nonsense out about five minutes after we left. He should be ashamed of himself. Trying to make us feel bad. On date night. Tsk, tsk.
Where to eat? Outback or Bonsai? We went to Outback last time. So Bonsai it was. The food was fabulous and our chef was very entertaining. We had fun. After that, we decided to walk the mall. This is where things got interesting. Have you ever been to our local mall on a Friday night? Put that on your list of things to do. Since I'm into observing people, which I did, let's talk about a few of my and Husband's observations.
- The Spurs Family - Okay, I'm all about the Spurs. Obviously. But dressing up the whole family in matching Spurs clothes, this far past the championship, is just, well, gay. Husband and wife both had jerseys on and kid had a t-shirt on. Wife had hers on with a mini skirt and her "big girl shoes." That's right. She was wearing spikes with her jersey. And girlfriend needed some fries with that shake. The thing was, she was *not* all that. But apparently she thought she was. They were quite a show.
- Thugs - Yes, the street toughs were at the mall. I guess that's what they were. Or they might have just been some dorks that needed to pull their pants up. When will this look go out? Will we eventually get to where they just skip the pants all-together? Can someone expedite it? Please.
- Hoochies - These seem to be attracted to the above mentioned thugs. Some of them can be seen hanging all over them. The sad thing is, I bet none of them are more than fourteen. Their clothes are certainly less than appropriate. Nasty girls. Hoochies make me glad I don't have a daughter. And heaven forbid either of my boys *ever* bring a hoochie home to meet us. (Can't you just see the look coming from me to her right now?)
- Coin skipper - this man was trying to skip coins in the mall fountains. It was just funny.
We left the mall and made one other brief stop before going home. We vegged at the house for about 45 minutes and then went to pick up the kids. All in all, it was a great night. After a tough week, it was just the break I needed from the kids. And I got some quality time with Husband. I always cherish that.
Okay. Happy Saturday.
3 comments:
The only thing that could have been more funny, would be having Opa there. he was the king of that sort of thing.
Were you able to thank Husband for the laptop during the down time at home?
I'd already thanked him. I was going to say that I'm always grateful, but Husband said not to lie.
His level of my "appreciativeness" and mine are never eye to eye. KWIM?
Post a Comment