The topic for this week is: A pet peeve.
I'm going to stray a little from some of my regulars today. You know. Littering. Smacking gum. Stuff like that. Today, I'm going to go off on credit card marketing. Why? Because of their new ploy. This...
That's right. Bubble wrap. Do you think you can just tear up a pre-approved credit card application? One of the hundreds you get every week? Think again. They've added the bubble wrap to the insides. And unless you are the Incredible Hulk or real souped up on your Flinstone vitamins, you ain't gettin' through that.
I'm already unhappy that I have to spend *my* valuable time destroying the documents inside. God forbid some loser goes through my trash (and there is a man who goes down our alley to collect "valuables") and decides to fill one of these forms out for me. So they must be destroyed.
For a while, I would use their envelopes and send their disclosure statements back to them. Because that cost them some postage. But then I quit, because there were just too many. And I figured that little 'ole me just wasn't making a big enough dent in their postage budget. But now, it's on. I want to fold that little bubble thing in half, after I've blown my nose in it, and stuff that in an envelope and mail that to them. Too bad it doesn't go to the head of the marketing department. Some poor minimum wage guy would get it. Oh well, it seemed like a good idea. And I bet they're all laughing at us. They're sitting in their plush corporate offices lauging at how they got us. We'll see about that, Capital One. We'll see...
Maybe I should just lobby for an "opt out" on mailing lists like we have "do not call" lists. Hmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment