Thursday, July 12

Late for the Party

But I'm there!

That's right. The laundry party. I'm telling you. The best thing that ever happened to me was my washer breaking. I sit here today a changed woman. I'm serious. Laundry doesn't backlog anymore. I do a load every day. I dry it instantly and fold it as soon as the dryer stops. For real. I keep the washer and dryer *cleaned* off and that serves as my work space. I pull those clothes, towels, whatever - right out of that dryer and fold it as I go. If it needs hanging, I have hangers there and I hang them up. Why I never did this before I'll never know. It has simplified my life in so many ways.

For one - - ironing. Practically a thing of the past. Still necessary at times. But not nearly as often. Also, it's made me nicer. I actually turn Husband's shirts right side out. And I don't get angry about it. Huh. Who would have thought? Three - I don't have to go searching for something clean for me or my family to wear. Not once have I had to "retrieve" something from the hamper and "justified" that it really wasn't that dirty.

The downside - we don't have enough hangers around here anymore. Husband has decided to start hanging his t-shirts up like I do. So, we need more. A simple Wal-Mart remedy. But I didn't make it by there today while Thing 1 and Thing 2 were in school. (My new names for them. Thank you, Dr. Seuss.) I do not take Thing 1 and Thing 2 to Wal-Mart at the same time. That is pure insanity. But I digress. I'll talk about my renaming them in another post. Not trying to be disrespectful. It's humor, okay? I love my kids.

Well, I think we've had enough fun for one day. I've got stuff to do and it's late. As usual.

Peace.

2 comments:

Yoda said...

Where's the "like a stalker" choice in your poll? ;)

MaierHousehold said...

I am trying to vote...It's telling me that it can't process my request.

What's up with that???

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...