The refreshing satisfaction of a Diet Coke w/Splenda. I'm having my first one of the day right now. As I swallow my first few sips, I feel the stress of my morning begin to slip away. Ahhhhh... Time to reload the fridge though. Just one left in the drawer and my standard reserve hidden in the back of the fridge. I'll shuffle that one into the drawer and put a new one in his place. For the sake of freshness. Of course.
I was nearly in trouble though. I was almost out. I would consider myself to have been on DEFCON 4. I still had six DC/S left. But no 12 packs. I get nervous when I don't have any unopened 12 packs left. It had to be remedied whilst I had no children with me. So, Sunday night, I went to Wal-Mart.
That opened up the usual can of worms.
I've just determined that the crazies are just drawn to that establishment. What got me were the hillbillies in line in front of me. I guess they were rookies at the whole "getting your film processed at Wal-Mart" (which, by the way, I don't recommend when in a pinch). They waited until after they paid at the cash register to look at their pictures. Not the register at the photo counter. One of the registers at the front of the store. The checker was already bagging my stuff and I couldn't move my cart forward. I nearly did though. I kept inching it more and more. What I *wanted* to do was give it a good shove and tell them that their turn was over and get out to their hillbilly truck to look at the pics. But I didn't. Instead, I gave the look that my mom swears is going to get me killed someday.
They moved along and I finished up. I was nice and helped the checker put the stuff in my cart. I settled up (under $100 - yay me) and I got the heck out of there. As I was headed out of the door, I noticed that Hillbilly Mom was headed back into the store with a drumstick in her hand. I guess they got out to the truck and tore into that fried chicken. I can only imagine what she bit in to. I only regret not hearing what she found and how she went about describing it. I'd had enough though, so I continued on and used my imagination. It was enough for me just thinking about this family getting out to their car and ripping that bag of Wal-Mart chicken open. I'm sure the smell was more than they could take. They must have been looking forward to that chicken all day. Good times.
Speaking of good times - - in some sort of stupor, I agreed yesterday to take Thing 1 and Thing 2 to a public swimming pool this afternoon. A play date. Why, why, why do I get myself into these messes? Neither of my kids can swim. Am I on crack? Could be. It could also be that it is something to do and I've got a little cabin fever. I hope the boys like it. I can only *imagine* the material I'll have for you after this adventure!
2 comments:
You seem to have the darndest luck at Wal-Mart. I mean the people you run into there...
Can't wait to hear about your "play date". I hope you were able to enjoy yourself!
good for you on the swim playdate! I've read the success story above. However just a quick word about the swimming thing, get those kids some lessons pronto! Dh doesn't know how to swim cause his mom was too nervous to let them have *lessons*. Thus he never learned to swim. It's been a sore spot his whole life.
Fox.
Post a Comment