Okay, this will be my sixth Christmas in this house with my husband. This doesn't count the years we dated before we got married. Our neighborhood is *insane* with decorating. I mean it. Of course, we are the Scrooge's and don't ever decorate outside. It's a pain in the arse. I bugged David to death a couple of years ago and he wouldn't do it. So I did. I thought I was going to die. I mean physically die from a fall. I was paralyzed with fear. I tried to talk him into putting lights up this weekend and he adamantly refused. He's the man that's his job. But I digress. Back to the reason for this post. A few streets over, there are some people who use the same cheesy decorations every year. And every year, I hate them a little more. If you decorate with these, I apologize. I don't know why this particular type of decoration sends my body into the holiday dry heaves, but they do. I try to not look. But my eyes are mysteriously drawn to their curved sidewalk lined with these wretched little bags every time I pass their street. Why do I hate them so? The thing is - - I really liked them the first year I saw them.Here is your challenge. In my Scrooge like nastiness - - what is your least favorite holiday decoration? Do you hate tinsel on trees? Do icicle lights make you feel like you need a therapy session? Do share.
2 comments:
I hate the cheap icicle lights... you know, the ones that are hanging with a great deal of distance between them, all forlorn in their sparse placement. The funny thing is, I own several *unopened* boxes of them. My sweet MIL, in an effort to do something nice for me, bought them after hearing me comment that I thought the icicle lights were pretty when they first came out. I guess I should have clarified that I like the *high dollar* icicles. I am also not a fan of the big blow-up snow globes, snowmen, tiggers, and what-have-you. Oh, and tree-toppers (pretty much all of them) and these horrid little bumble bee striped, top hat wearing men looking ornaments that DH has saved from childhood and insists on having on my tree.
Man... talk about Scrooge-like. I must need some decoration-anger-management-therapy! ;)
I have to agree. Icicle lights also hung improperly look TERRIBLE! Maybe it's the anal rentitive in me. Hang them straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment