Wednesday, November 29
Blast from the past and today's obsession
I graduated from high school in 1989. I'll save you the trouble of doing the math. I'm 35. Not far from 36. (Yikes.) In the 80's, Def Leppard was *it* for me. I loved them. I followed an album or two into the 90's and then have stopped there. Of course, I'm still a sucker for my favorite songs from 87 - 89. The high school years. The impressionable years. I mean it, "Pour Some Sugar On Me." High School dances. Good times. But the other day, I caught part of Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story on VH1. I didn't watch it all because frankly, it was a bunch of bad acting, and the only thing that differentiates them from other bands' stories of sex, drugs and rock and roll was that their drummer had a horrible accident that left him without an arm. I won't go into all of that. If you are at all familiar with the band you know about that. Where I am going is this - - they started playing (on the show) the acoustic version of Two Steps Behind and I have fallen in love with that song all over again. I've got it on a cd in my car, another cd in the house, loaded onto the computer and now it's on my mp3 player. I'm about to play it for what seems like the gazillionth time today. I'm loving it. I think it's the acoustic part that is so appealing to me. No fancy drums or anything. It's my new obsession. Forget the Christmas music I ought to be listening to right now. I've got my boys on my mp3 player and they are taking me back to some good times. Great song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reality Check
Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...
-
Do you know what RAK means? It stands for Random Act of Kindness. I'm in the mood to give something away. I'm going to give you s...
-
I love movies. I love, love, love movies. I don't watch many on my iPod. But I have a few on there. I only had two on there until to...
No comments:
Post a Comment