I'm becoming one of those people. You know, the "I have an oil for that" person. I'm running with it. I've dabbled a little here and there. I started my journey a few years ago when I was working a conference and got a raging migraine headache. Since I was basically helping run the conference, I couldn't bail. And I couldn't take my usual meds. The essential oil ladies offered up some help. And bam! It worked. I've bought a few here and there since. But lately, I've begun to embrace the oil life. I have a friend who is all about the oil. And I needed her advice.
I joined the gym in January (don't stereotype me.) I've been mostly faithful in going. Except this week. I've been in a mood. Like filthy brown mood ring. And going to the gym would have been the best thing for me. But that's a post for another day. And there's probably an oil for my craptastic mood I was in.
Anyway, when I started back at the gym, my restless leg problem came back. Can any of you relate to restless leg syndrome? It happens mostly at bedtime. My legs hate my life and I CANNOT keep them still. It's like they are wired to something electrical. They don't hurt. But I have the constant urge to move them. I know you think it's weird and like a made up "illness." It sounds bizarre, I know. But it's real. And it's my struggle.
So I asked my oil lady if she had any tips. Because I'm SO over just adding another medication to my regimen.
Oh goodness, friends. Her first suggestion worked. The blend is by Young Living and it's called Peace and Calming. I add some drops to coconut oil (the carrier oil) and apply generously to my legs at bedtime. My dry legs are getting moisturized and the oil is doing its job. Bless that. And her. Because I can be still.
Last night, I used their "recipe" to make a roller-ball of oils for sleep. Mr. B and I both used it last night and it was heavenly. Very calming. Not girly. Not over-powering. Just - - chill.
I also made soap today.
So, I'm the oil lady, y'all. I'm seriously digging me some essential oils. I don't care if you think I'm weird. I probably have an oil to help you with your skepticism. I'll check into that for you. Because bless you for thinking I'm weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment