I have a reputation for being a bit sarcastic. Or a lot. Yes, a lot.
I was once told by someone that they didn't understand sarcasm and didn't find it an endearing quality in a friendship. Said person "broke up" with me during that conversation. Hey, we don't all click. So it's cool with me.
But here is where the problem is: Do you waste sarcasm on someone who doesn't get it if there isn't an audience of someone who does?
My argument is: Yes. You use the sarcasm. Never waste the opportunity for a sarcastic remark. Because, that receiver of said sarcastic remark just might be out with other friends and relay your comment. Then the other friends will get to snicker. I wouldn't want to deny someone a good giggle. I'm a giver that way.
Now, there's an exception. Or two.
I try, really hard, not to be cruel. I don't pride myself in being mean. That's not nice. If your sarcasm hurts someone that bad, don't do it. Know your audience.
Others straight up don't have the mental capacity to understand sarcasm. Think Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. While I like to watch Sheldon endure what his buddies dish out, there are others where it would just be mean. Don't be a meanie.
There's a time and a place. Remember that.
And if your friends are THAT sensitive, well, I guess you truly have a problem. Unless they break up with you.
Sometimes you just gotta laugh. Even if OU does suck. *snicker*
Okay, sometimes I can be a jerk, too. I'm sorry. Sort of.
Don't be jerks. Or wusses.
Stay in school, kids. Just not OU.
Oops, I did it again.
*smooches*

No comments:
Post a Comment