Tuesday, February 1

Ice Day!


Mommy and Daddy!  It snowed!  No school today!
(It started out as a two hour delay.  I groaned at the thought.  Then they called it for the day.  A lot of ice.  We did get snow.  But it's on top of a lot of ice.)


Can you see the snowflake about to touch his tongue?


Ready, aim, FIRE!


I told you.  Lots of ice.  This last picture was taken about ten minutes ago.  The stuff on the asphalt has melted.  But the concrete and other stuff?  Not so much.  It is COLD outside!  And gonna get colder.  The high tomorrow is 20.  The low tomorrow night?  8!  

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I made a pot of turkey chili and cooked cornbread in the cast iron skillet.  Yummmmmmy.  Mr. B worked from home.  I folded laundry and laid around under an electric blanket.  It was nice.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Snow day for all of us today. Well, Fred had to go into work for a while, but was able to come back home. The worst of the storm missed us...thank goodness, but the wind was brutal.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...