So - - yesterday started out well. Started. Not finished.
I was getting ready to go to Kiwanis. It was about 11:00. I got out of the shower, dried my hair, put my make up on and got dressed. I had just grabbed my tennis shoes when I heard "the noise." I wondered what in the world it was. As I walked out into the living room, it got louder and louder. I rounded the corner to the hall to the kids room and immediately saw the problem. The HUGE problem. I could hear water spraying inside the water heater closet and the carpet was soaked.
I called Mr. B and asked him how to shut the water off to the unit. He told me and I did it. He then scurried home. Yep, water heater number four (I think, I'm losing count) went out. This time, it did damage. I used the steam cleaner and sucked up about ten different buckets full of water. I had to empty Justin's closet out and pull the carpet and the padding up in there. In the mean time, Mr. B is disconnecting and draining the piece of crap water heater. He finally got it out and loaded into his truck. (It went back to Lowe's where we got a store credit. We're gonna need that credit.)
I think we're gonna go tankless this time. It's ridiculous. And the builders here should be shot for putting the water heaters inside the house. They are ticking time bombs. We are going to see how expensive it would be to re-route it to the garage and turn that closet into a linen closet. (Which I don't have.)
On top of all of that, I just didn't feel good yesterday. Congestion was kicking my butt and I just hurt all over. It was terrible.
We're not completely dry around here, but we are calling off our order for an ark. What we are calling for is some stinkin' hot water. We will be without for a few days. At least. And that sucks. I'm sorry. I'm not Laura Ingalls Wilder and I like my indoor plumbing just fine and dandy, thankyouverymuch. I want to go turn on a hot shower but I can't. I could go over to Mom's. And I probably will later.
It's just a pain. Certainly not something we were ready to move on. We've discussed replacing the carpet in the bedrooms and putting wood floors down in other rooms. Now we need to start deciding. We're planners. Big time. Not - - "go buy today" kind of people. I don't think I want any carpet anywhere in this house. It's gross. It gets so funky. I really think I'm cool with sweeping every single day if it means we don't have dust and crud on (or in) our floors.
Gah.
1 comment:
We will never have carpet again after ripping out carpet and seeing what is underneath. I had always had it professionally cleaned and had a good vacuum but it still was filthy underneath. I have a roomba to vacuum and a Floormate to mop which I love. I have never regretted not having carpet. Especially since I have dogs
Post a Comment