I don't want to go into too much detail. The details don't really matter. What matters is my good buddy, Shannon, is very sick. She was admitted to the hospital yesterday with multiple blood clots in her lungs. We found out today that she still has clots in her legs. All of this is, quite frankly, a surprise to everyone. She's been sick for quite some time with the upper respiratory crud. She spent last night in the hospital in the unit that is one below ICU. She wanted her husband to stay at home with the boys so I offered to stay with her. It was a long night. I would do it for her again in a heartbeat.
I was shocked. Shocked and heart-broken as to how bad she really is. This is no small thing. It's quite serious. The doctor came by the room after I left this morning. (Her husband relieved me after he got the kids to school.) They moved her to ICU. She had a procedure done this afternoon that is supposed to stop the clots in her legs from moving up. I don't completely understand how it works. And I don't know what it means for the clots in her lungs. She is also battling a very low platelet and white blood cell count. She's in a bad way and it's very scary.
What can you do? Please, please, PLEASE pray for her. Pray for peace for her family and for healing for her. I know that God has a plan through all of this. It does not make it any easier to wait. The unknown is frightening. I know that she is more scared as a mother than anything else. She has two very special children at home that really need her. So please - - Pray for Shannon.
3 comments:
I'm sorry your friend is ill. I hope she recovers fully and gets to go home to her family soon.
I will pray unceasingly for her and her family!!
Isaiah 40:10 (one of my faves) says:
Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be afraid, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you; I will help you;
I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.
I will pray that she feels this with all that is in her.
oh my gosh Becky - I am so saddened to hear about Shannon. You and Carol and all of her family are in my thoughts and prayers in this unimaginably difficult time. Please let me know if there's any thing I can do to help.
<3 Alison
Post a Comment