Friday, November 6

Piercings

I was just talking to a friend about body piercings.

Right now, I've only got my ears pierced.  Twice on each side.  I *never* wear the second set.  I'm thinking about it though.  I think I will.  I still really, really, really want to get my nose pierced.  My only concern is what it will feel like on the inside.  I can't stand the thought of always feeling like I've got a boog in there.  And - - what about boogs?  They're gonna happen.  It *is* the nose.  Are boogs gonna get caught on the ring inside my nose?  Eeeewwww.

My fellow peeps with nose piercings - - clue me in here.  I want the good, the bad and even the grotesque.

Have you ever known anyone with other body piercings?  I have.  *snicker*

6 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

Seriously?!?

MaierHousehold said...

What about when you sneeze?

Do you just blow it right out?

I'm just asking!

Stephanie said...

okay. low down. It hurts beyond hurt to get it done. *owwwwwwwie*
boogs happen. they kinda crust around the metal. I have an L-shaped ring and it works much better for me than the screw one did. I cannot feel it in my nose. unless the boogs are crusty. If a towel gets caught on it, it hurts REALLY bad. I have had mine for 18 months or so and it finally doesn't hurt when I take it out or get it caught. You have to re-learn how to blow your nose, but once you master it, it isn't a big deal (the kleenex will get stuck and you dont want to squeeze the ring). Overall, I like it. It's cute, little upkeep, and I feel like a rebel ;)

Melanie said...

you could totally take the lame ass route and get one of those nifty magnetic nose rings from claire's or icing. i personally love nose piercings, but with my allergies and nasal issues, i figure i will never have one.

Kristina said...

NO! lol

THIS is the only thing in my life I'm conservative about...I'm not fond of facial or body piercings.

Funny too, because I don't mind tats.

Yoda said...

I will disgaree with Stephanie on some of this, but from my perspective:

The hurt was no worse than banging your kneecap on a desk. It hurt really bad for about 30 seconds. Boogs do happen, but S is right, it's no worse than having to clean them out of your nose without a ring. I have a corkscrew and it's no trouble for me. I cannot feel mine either.

Like S said, towels are bad... but it just takes a few weeks to be more aware and then it becomes second nature. And it totally rocks. ;)

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...