I am so proud of him. We had our first parent/teacher conference today to discuss his first nine weeks of school. He is doing very well. He had two areas that need some improvement. He needs help with rhyming and phonemes. His teacher said it was no big deal because they hadn't even covered those areas yet. He is doing very well at math - - much to his daddy's delight. (Mr. B minored in math.) Guess who will cover math homework around here. Like - - from now on. (I totally sucked at math.)
To help with the rhyming, she suggested Dr. Seuss. You don't have to twist my arm to buy more Dr. Seuss books. I went straight to Hastings and bought three board books. *smile*
She said his behavior was awesome. He gets along well with all of his classmates and is often helpful to them. This was music to our ears.
We haven't had any such meetings for Cam. They don't do those at our preschool. I check in with his teacher periodically and she assures me he is on target. I have wavered back and forth (a lot) on waiting another year for him to start kindergarten. Today's opinion: let him go ahead and start. He seems ready. I *hate* that he will be one of the younger ones in his class. I also don't want to put limits on him. We'll see. I don't have to decide today. I'm treating him like this is his last year of preschool. We've taken our fair share of skip days. He bats those big blue eyes at me and tells me he wants to stay home with me and snuggle. I'm putty in his little hands. This afternoon, he and I danced in the front yard. It held him and we "waltzed." It was a moment I'll never forget.
They are growing, learning and changing so fast. I can't keep up.
*sigh*
I love those boys.
1 comment:
So proud of Justin!
You & D are AWESOME parents!!
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment