Thursday, September 17

Ughhhhhh.

Cam has all of the symptoms of reflux.  Dr. P said that it's unusual for children his age to develop this without having had it as an infant.  But - - he also said it's not impossible, either.  So, he has to do the Barium swallow test Monday morning.  Blech.  I know.  I've done this before.  It's nasty. 

We will go from there.  In the meantime, since he had a milk allergy as a baby, he has to go back off of milk products for ten days, just to see if that helps any.  It could be lactose intollerance.  It could also be a combination of the two.  Or even a food allergy,  So, the weeding out process begins.

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.  Good, good friends.  Thanks.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That stinks! I am so sorry. Both of mine were on Zantac as babies but eventually got better. Erin is terrible GERD and her son takes prilosec (I think?) for his reflux. It is not fun! Poor Cam. Does he complain a lot about tummyaches? I'll be praying for you guys, especially that Barium swallow. My girl did that when she was 6 weeks old!

Kristina said...

Oh, I hope he's feeling better and I hope the tests will give you a definite cause. My favorite Aunt suffers from GERD. At least there is good medication for that if you do get that diagnosis.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...