Tuesday, September 15

Chicken and Dumplin's

The ultimate comfort food.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.

3 comments:

J. Page said...

Do you have a good recipe?? I made them the other night with a quick recipe that was good, but I am always looking for the perfect chicken and dumplin recipe so please share!!

~becky said...

Johnna - - I am embarrassed to tell you how I make them. Not fancy at all.

I cook boneless/skinless chicken breasts on the stove for about an hour and a half. Or more. I add some of a that chicken base they sell at Sam's. About a tablespoon.

Then, I mix up Bisquick and put it on top. I just follow the directions on the box.

No fancy dumplings. No veggies. Just straight up, ghetto chicken and dumplin's.

My family loves it. As do I when I feel yucky, both mentally and physically. Eating it and smelling it make me very happy.

I'm all about the simple things in life.

ME said...

I love chicken and dumplins. My grandmother always made the best... really tough dumplins and lots of juice. She made them from scratch and I will look for her recipe. She would roll them out on the counter and let them "dry" for about 30 minutes. They were so good. You have inspired tomorrow's menu.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...