Wednesday, September 9

Time and Place

There is a time and a place for everything.

In the middle of the hall at the preschool (church) is not the place to publicly bash your son and daughter-in-law. I don't know if her descriptions were accurate or not. It doesn't matter. Her verbal assault on them was incredibly unfair. And the fact that I was far enough away that I shouldn't have heard the entire conversation bothers me even more.

I don't know the specifics of the family situation. I have some vague knowledge. What little knowledge I have tells me that this mother-in-law was being hateful and nobody is good enough for her sweet little granddaughter.

I could be wrong. I have been before.

I think it just struck an all too familiar chord with me. It sucks to feel like you don't measure up. But to hear it out loud? That would really suck. I felt sorry for the daughter-in-law. Really, really sorry. I can't even imagine how much this would bother her if she knew.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Thank goodness the daughter-in-law didn't hear, but I bet she has a clue.

Shawna said...

I bet she does also, that is terrible. Shame on the MIL.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...