That's what I have this morning. I've had it off and on all night. Here's why: I went to bed Sunday night with a "touch" of a migraine. Not full blown yet. But noticeable. I took my two little pills that normally fix it and hoped for the best. No dice. At 2:00 a.m., I was writhing in pain. It was horrible, I tossed and I turned. Nothing strong enough here to fix it. I wasn't going to waste the meds we had. So I grabbed an ice pack and suffered through it. At 7:45, I woke Mr. B up. He knew I needed to go to the doc, but nobody was open for the holiday. So, at 8:30 that morning, I drove myself to the E.R. We didn't want to take the kids there. I can only imagine the germs and what not. And with all of the hoopla over H1N1, I wasn't chancing it.
I went to Community instead of Shannon. It was closer. When I walked in, I thought the bright fluorescent lights were going to do me in. Luckily I was triaged fast and put into a room where they turned the lights off. It was freezing in there. I saw the doc in what seemed like record timing in my experience. He wanted to try a different "cocktail" of drugs before hitting the narcotics. It helped, a lot. But it didn't make it go away. I would just start to relax and a loud sound would jolt me. Boom, the pounding would recommence. When the nurse came back in, I told her. They gave me a third shot, this time it was Stadol. In five minutes, I was a much happier person.
I texted Mr. B. He and the littles came to get me (at nearly 11:00 a.m.) I got home, ate a quick bite of lunch (thanks to the no nausea thing anymore) and then crashed. I slept from noon until 4:00. I was back in bed at 10:30 and couldn't sleep, so I read my book. Finally out around midnight and up now. I'm hoping I fall back into my usual pattern tonight. I would imagine that I am going to be one very tired chica around 9:00 tonight.
Anyone still with me. It occurs to me that one might find this post incredibly boring.
On top of all of this, the Little-Little starts preschool today. He's not real jazzed about it. I'm sure he'll like it once he's there. I just wanted to send an alert out to all of my local peeps. That sound you'll hear at 8:50 is my tires spinning and rocks being thrown in the air as I peel out of the church parking lot and drive straight to Starbucks where I will get my first official Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. Woot! The caffeine should help sustain me and life will be good.
I pick the Little-Little up at noon and the Big-Little up at 2:40. I have now entered the chauffeur season of my life. And you know what? I love every second of it.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend and are ready to grab this week by the horns. Go get 'em tigers.
3 comments:
I'm sorry you spent your Labor Day with a headache. You should've called me...I would've driven you to the ER. Hope you are all better today. My boy is VERY excited about preschool today. Hope you little one is okay and learns to love it! :) And pumpkin-spice latte? Bleck! That does NOT sound appetizing to me at all, but I've heard a lot of people love it! Hope you enjoy it! And enjoy your morning childless.
Oh, and I understand the chauffeur business. ;) Have a good day!
Hope you feel better today. I had a rough weekend with my sinuses and a toothache. Said tooth is absessed (went to the dentist first thing this morning), going for root canal on Friday...on pain meds and antibotics until then. Taking today off and working from home the rest of the week, so I don't have to try and drive while on pain meds.
Yikes, Becky! Sounds like a not-great time, in the ER. So glad you're feeling better now. Migraines are horrific. I've only had a few in my lifetime, thankfully, but they were awful.
Post a Comment