...but it wouldn't go away.
I woke up early this morning with a pretty strong pain behind my right shoulder blade. I tried every position I could think of and none were working. I was not getting comfortable. I finally just got up and went about my day, thinking it would just work itself out. I thought wrong. It hung around for a while. I finally called the mister at work to seek his opinion. He thought I ought to call my doctor. I did, but they were going to be out of the office all after noon. Based on all of the symptoms I had described, they said I might ought to go to the E.R. and let them take a look at it. (If you know anything at all about our family history, you would understand the urgency we felt like there was there.)
We discovered that the noon hour isn't too bad of a time to go. I went right back to the room and saw a doc pretty quickly. After some poking, prodding, a few, hmmmmmms, and "does it hurt when I do this?" He sent me off for a quick x-ray. That's where my headache started. Oh boy, not one of those, too. Well, I'm here. I'll mention it to him. So I did and they brought me a tablet to take right away for that. That's when he told me that I had a nerve that was pinched underneath my shoulder blade that was causing the muscle spasms. They offered to do a trigger point injection with a steroid and a local anesthetic. I pondered that one for a moment. (I'm not a big fan of needles. At all!) I decided to go for it. It didn't hurt too bad. Just my pride a little.
I finally took a muscle relaxer at 4:30. I can have them every 8 hours. Anyone good at the telling time? That's right, it's almost time for another. And boy do I need it. Well, I'm sure all of this has been as clear as mud. I have had one pain pill before I typed this all up!
I will live. I just can't get into any wrestling matches anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment