I don't know how I do it - but I do. I guess it's me. I'm the one who most frequents the use of these machines. (Husband does help with the dishes. I'm not hatin' on him.) I must be over-using them. Ha! Anyway. The dishwasher is indeed broken. I called Sears Repair to schedule a service call. The agent told me it was $69 just for the tech to come diagnose the problem. And given my description of the problem, the estimated cost to fix it is usually $150 - $200 more. This is where they offered me an extended one year warranty for $190. That would pay for the service call, the parts and the repairs. But - - I had to make the decision right then.
WHAT? Husband makes these kinds of decisions. Not me. I'm not qualified. I panicked. What to do? I had to do some quick rationale in my head. And some verbally. What if the repairs weren't as bad as they sounded? What if it was a $10 part? Crap. I stink at numbers these days. No calculator. Okay, running numbers in my head. He said that I had 60 days to get my money back - - if I changed my mind. I figured, what the heck. So I bit the bullet and went for it. Trembling, I got the credit card out and gave him the number. I HATE making financial decisions. HATE it. The last thing I want is for Husband to tell me I made a bad decision. Or why didn't I think of _____?
The agent then told me that the tech could be here tomorrow (which was today) and it would be sometime between 8:00 and 5:00. Nice of them to narrow it down, huh? He said that I would get a phone call with 30 minutes notice. If I didn't answer, I would have to reschedule. I was afraid to even go to the toilet today without a phone. He finally called at 3:45 and showed up at 4:00. Yep, it's broke. He ordered the part and it will be shipped here to my house. And as it turns out, I made a good deal. WHEW!!! It was the motor. The labor alone on fixing it is $150. And while the guy was here, I asked him about the racks in there. They had started to rust. Husband mentioned that he thought they were guaranteed not to do that. As it turns out, they are still under warranty. Another whew. Because each rack is $139. That's right - $278 for just the racks. At no cost to us. Now, we are still out the $200. But that gives us another year.
I left out that the date he scheduled for the repairs. August 13th. Heh? I have to wash dishes by hand for that long? He said that if the parts come in, I can call and "try" to schedule an earlier repair date. Yep, I'll be doing that for sure.
I was *so* not made for the pioneer days.
(My laundry is still caught up. I'm so proud of me.)
4 comments:
You crack me up! There was a show on (reality show that is) that took people and put them on a ranch where they lived like in the 1800's (or pioneer days as you put them). I am SO signing you up for that show if they do it again. You sure would make for good TV. Hang in there, baby!
I totally agree with Debbie!
You would be awesome on a TV show, or even writing a book.
Mike has been telling her that she should write a book. Maybe if she keeps hearing it she will do it. Just think you could take your stand-up on the road.
If I go on the road, do I have to take Thing 1 and Thing 2 with me or can they stay at home? Maybe then I can afford a nanny. But then I wouldn't have any good stories anymore.
Crap.
I can't win.
Post a Comment